Autumn/Winter Hair Inspiration ….
After a scorching summer, the UK is going to start settling down into the cooler autumn months. These months of fabulous sunshine have bared witnessed to fantastic festival line ups, a stunning royal wedding and sizzling long weekends… its safe to say it was an all round great summer had by all.
At Gaudi we have witnessed some great summer hair changes, from brunettes wanting to add a little depth and blondes looking to cool things down. The spring/summer hair trends have showed us pops of colour and icy white blondes ….. not to mention vibrant coppers and reds to match the rising temperatures. But now we are slowly moving into the autumn some trends are set to change.
Autumn/Winter Trends 2018/19
Crossing over into the cooler months we will start to see blondes warm up and coppers deepen … but just because the sunshine is gone doesn’t mean the pops of colour and braids should be tucked away until next year. Check out these next few looks for some huge style inspiration!!
Coffee Balayage – Coffee or Toffee Balayage as it may be known consists of the usual freehand technique, blending and mixing colours together to create the most seamless of finishes. Changing up the tones and working with shades such as dark espresso to the soft lattes. The perfect shake up to your usual tones – fully embracing the warmer colour.
Over-sized Braids – During the recent fashion weeks we saw lots of deep side partings, tousled waves and low ponys. At the Simone Rocha show over-sized braids took center stage, tied with a ribbon and lace. This look is ideal for the winter months and can be perfect for all hair types and textures. Check out this great tutorial on an oversized pull through braid, its a really great technique that can be used on all hair types and textures.
Natural Curls – More and more curly haired queens are moving away from weaves and relaxers to embrace their natural curls and we LOVE it!!! Mizani’s True Textures range is perfect for all textures and curl types, with products suitable for freshening everyday curls, deep conditioning treatments and curl defining creams – what is not to love.
Rose Brown Hair – Elaborating on the original rose gold hair for lighter bases, this is finally something the brunettes can too get involved in. Creating this soft hue is simple to achieve and may not even involve lightening!!
Ballerina Bun – Forget the bun rings and over sized messy buns, its now all about the slick precise finish of a ballerina bun. Also a version of the top knot we are seeing these stunning buns all over the catwalk and on celebs alike. The higher the better and tighter on the sides secures sophisticated glam .. and we are loving it!
Soft Fringes and Undone Layers – This seasons must have style is the done yet undone look, soft fringes and grown out layers will give you the perfect look. From Victoria Secret to Runway models this look is a sure fire way to become a autumn fashionista. For more fringe inspiration check out these top celeb fringe ideas.
Don’t forget that your stylist will have a huge amount ideas to inspire you in these coming months .. whether it be a change in cut and style or a new change of colour, remember all change is good!!
Contact your stylist to arrange a consultation today on 01179298009 or Book Online today.
Winter Fashion Forecast
So what’s new this season? Padding, protective lines and cosy knits came together on the catwalks. Getting us ready for the miserable British winter. Whilst many of the trends are truly heading for more and more comfort, fashion is still retaining its sense of fun, its colour and glamour.
This season is well and truly about celebrating individuality!!!
Ostrich feathers were hugely showcased during the recent fashion shows. White only feathers, styled and neat for a touch of couture. Light feather replicas have been spotted in many high street retailers. As you can imagine they are slightly watered down and more everyday appropriate.
Feather like texture has also broke into the hair world. With subtle blends of feathered texture styled into smoothness. ghd have launched their newest product, ghd CONTOUR® PROFESSIONAL CRIMPER – creating effortless texture and movement instantly.
ghd have recently showcased an easy to create look with the Contour Crimper.
The ghd Freestyle Feather is subtle yet effective, feather like panels throughout the hair, creating stunning and elegant texture.
The Contour Professional Crimper is £95.00.
Double Denim Takeover
Heading to the top of the winter trends list is Denim Overload. Revisiting the 80’s, catwalks went into meltdown with this denim takeover.
From deep, dark denims to paler, pastel tones – the classic jeans and t-shirt combo is no more. It is all about double denim, whether you combine matching colours or clash your shades it all works.
With the denim trends still huge within fashion, hair trends are as always, following suit! Ash, Steel, Blue and Teal tones are all still in high demand. With L’Oreal Professional launching their Metals Collection, this is a hair trend we are sure is here to stay!!
5 NEW HIGH SHINE SHADES
- Silver Star – For a pastel grey look or an on-trend ash colour
- Crystal Ash – For a fashionable result with a sophisticated iridescent blend
- Ash Gold – For a desirable champagne blonde
- Pink Ash – For a beautifully soft pink result, a mix of ash and iridescent
- Hi-Lilac – For a neutralising yellow and leaving a balanced iridescent hue.
Speak with your stylist at Gaudi to discover endless metallic opportunities. Remember you can maintain your look with L’Oréal Professionnel Silver Shampoo.
The fashion world is feeling more and more intrigued by sportswear. Think spiced up ski jackets, rainbow tracksuits, retro gilets and cosy fleeces. Totally modern with no holds barred.
As spotted on many celebs recently, sportswear has moved on from the gym. Combining heels and sweat pants – anything really does go!
When ‘sporting’ this look the key for your hair is to keep it simple. With clothes and accessories speaking for themselves, the minimalist approach is the way forward.
Naked Beauty, as it has been described was spotted heavily throughout most shows this season.
Soft, effortless looks, showcasing natural beauty and gorgeous glowing skin.
Hair buns and sleek ‘dos were the main focus during many of the fashion shows this year. However glam waves and romantic hair twists also shone through.
And it’s not just fashion that makes a change during the winter months. Hair colours and styles are ever changing too. Whether you wish to tone down your summer blonde, or blend through your Balayage. This winter colour trends tick boxes for all.
Ask your stylist to recommend what would be suitable for you. All of our stylists are trained in identifying each individual clients needs. They will look in detail at your skin tone and complexion, deciding what tones and depths suit you best. They will also assess your hairs condition and make a decision on your hair care plan for the future. Putting plans in motion to create a bespoke colour, for each individual, creating a colour true to you. Prices start from £60.00, depending on hairs length and thickness and level of stylist the price may vary.
New to colour?
Every colour client will need to be Gaudi Colour Safety Tested. Whether you are new colour client to the salon, or new to the exciting world of colour. The Colour Safety Test needs to be at least 48 hours before any colour takes place. It only takes a few minutes and is included in our colour consultations.
So the summer is officially upon us and holiday season is here!! There is no better excuse then the summer sunshine to spend the long days out and about exploring the outdoors.
This blog is all things you need to know about protecting your hair this summer and having Healthy Summer Hair!!
Summer can bring a few challenges to our hair. The summer heat can damage our locks, give us very oily scalps, and even turn our hair green when in contact with chlorine. But, fear not! We are here to your rescue and want to share some amazing and simple summer hair tips!
The first essential top tip to healthy summer hair is keeping your fluid levels up and drinking plenty of water! Its a known fact that water is key to a healthy mind and body, but it also does wonders to your hair. Remember that water will always hydrate your hair and scalp. In addition to drinking 2-3 litres of water a day, make sure that you are eating delicious healthy foods that are boosting hair growth.
Reducing heat exposure to your hair is one of the best ways to protect it. If you are going to spend a long day in the sun, we recommend covering your hair and scalp with a hat/scarf etc and using a heat protector which includes an SPF protection.
ghd Heat Protection spray provides an invisible barrier over your hair protecting it fully from the heat of dryers, straighteners and the suns UV rays!!
Another way of protecting your hair is to avoid heat styling as much as possible, i know this may seem a tough choice however there are some amazing heat-free hairstyle ideas.
Another way to maintain healthy summer hair is to limit the amount of exposure your hair has towards chlorine. As you may be aware, high levels of chlorine can actually turn your hair green. The key to avoiding the greenish color and chlorine damage is to prep your hair before taking a swim. Dry hair acts like a sponge, so if you can rinse your hair with tap water before your swim in order to ensure it will absorb significantly less chlorine. Alternatively you can use a deep conditioner to coat your hair prior to swimming. After the swim, rinsing the hair thoroughly and using a deep cleansing shampoo will remove any traces of chlorine.
It is usual for many pools, gyms and leisure facilities with showers to use levels of chlorine in there water system so it is always recommended to wash your hair at home … at least you know the water does not contain the high levels of chlorine you may face!
Perspiration, environmental dirt and quick drying hair products like hair spray and hard hold gel can cause dryness at the best of times, however during the hotter summer months it can cause even more damage. Ensure you limit amount of drying products you use and refrain from shampooing every day!! When you do shampoo and condition your hair it would be recommended to use something slightly more hydrating to compensate for the hotter weather and humidity. A deep conditioning treatment when left on your hair will instantly refresh and hydrate your thirsty hair. If you have finer hair and are concerned about weighing your hair down try and use a light leave in conditioner.
L’Oreal’s Vitamino 10 in 1 spray is a light weight conditioning spray which protects your hair with 10 instant benefits – protection for hair colour radiance, shine, soft feeling, consistency, heat protection up to 230 degrees, detangling, helps blow-dry, anti-breakage.
Frizzy hair is a huge challenge for most people throughout the year, however during the summer months it seems to grow in size the minute you step out the door. Keeping your hair oiled and hydrated is the key to helping combat frizzy hair. Avoid over brushing your hair, this will encourage frizz and make your hair more unruly.
Don’t be afraid to ask your stylist for their top tips on keeping your hair healthy throughout the summer months. They can advise you on your best options for hair care and colour, frequency of appointments and non heat styling ideas.
Enjoy the Holidays 🙂
The GOLDEN rules to good hair!!
The GOLDEN rules to good hair!!
Good hair doesn’t happen by chance, it happens with much care and usually at least a few hair salon appointments.
Now we all know that one person who naturally has utterly fabulous hair, whether they work hard at it or just jump fresh from bed, we can ALL have the opportunity to showcase gorgeous glossy hair!!
Following these simple hair-care tips will ensure your hair is at its best all year round and will make you the envy of all your friends!!
- It is not recommended to wash your hair every day, try to wash it between 2-3 times a week. If you have afro/multicultural hair its recommended you wash your hair once a week. This encourages your hairs natural oils to spread throughout your hair, giving it some good natural nourishment.
- When shampooing always shampoo twice, the first will always remove any product build up and the second will thoroughly cleanse your hair.
- Keep your fluids up, not wine or coffee but water can have amazing effects on both your hair and skin.
- Massaging your scalp helps to promote hair growth and well being – this is great to do when you have applied your conditioner to your hair.
- Use products with anti-oxidants to help prevent colour fade, check out the Vitamino Colour range by L’Oreal Professional. www.lorealprofessionnel.co.uk/hair-care/results/colour-protection
- Use heat protection for heat styling and drying, look at this spray by ghd hair perfect on both wet and dry hair. www.ghdhair.com/heat-protect/heat-protect-spray
- Also remember to protect your hair from the sun, many products contain UV filters to ensure the sun has no lasting damage, this range Solar Sublime by L’Oreal Professional cover all hair protection bases. www.lorealprofessionnel.co.uk/hair-care/solar-sublime
- Ensure you use both shampoos and conditioners recommended to you by your stylist.
- Use weekly conditioning treatments, recommended by your stylist to keep your hair in tip top. Conditioning treatments and steam treatments ensure your hairs ultimate health.
- Using a blast of cool water on your hair after conditioning helps to smooth your cuticle which enhances shine.
- Keep your ends healthy by having regular trims, even if you are growing your hair it is advised to have the ends trimmed every few months – This will ensure healthy continual growth.
- Always struggle to recreate your hair at home?? Remember styling and finishing products help to create a look – Do not be afraid to ask your stylist what they are using on your hair and what they recommend you use at home.
- When blow-drying your hair always use a brush. To create smoothness a flat paddle brush can be used. For curl and body use a round brush – the bigger the brush the bigger the hair. It is also recommended to use ceramic brushes, these retain the heat when drying to ensure the best finish!!
- To complete your blow-dry, finish with a blast of cool air. This will set the style and ensure maximum longevity.
- Use a comb when straightening your hair to achieve an extra straight and smooth look.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your stylist the best ways to keep your style – wrapping your hair at night in a silk scarf will keep smoothness and flatness. Plaiting or twisting your hair to sleep will ensure you keep curls and waves.
Be sure to check out our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more hints and tips on The GOLDEN rules to good hair!!
We all know that spending hours every morning styling hair is not always the easiest option. Most busy lifestyles mean, on average you have just 20 minutes to yourselves before commitments such as work or the school run takes over. The easiest way for most people to create an impact quickly with their hair is to use heated appliances such as straighteners or tongs.
But as we all know using heated appliances can take its toll on our hair, so here is a guide on how to style your hair without heat!!
Most Heat-Free styling will always begin with freshly washed and conditioned hair.
- Braids: Right out of the shower, towel dry your hair and detangle it with a wide-tooth comb. Use just a tiny bit of leave-in conditioner from the ends to the mid-shafts of your hair. L’Oreal Professional Serie Expert Vitamino 10 in 1 spray would be great for this!! Separate your hair into three sections, and braid every section from the mid-shaft to the ends of the hair.
Let it dry overnight or for a good few hours – once dried remove plaits and lightly use your fingers to tease braids out. Finish with a small pea size amount of Serie Expert Liss+ serum.
TOP TIP – if you have thick hair you may wish to do more than 3 braids, this will encourage your hair to dry more efficiently.
- Mousse/Curl Enhancer: Another way to make waves in hair is to use product and gently massage it into the ends and mid shaft of your hair. Use a combination of Tecni-Art Bouncy & Tender to smooth into your hair and then spray with Tecni-art PLI for hold. When you’re ready to make it wavy, just flip your hair upside down and scrunch it with your hands going upward toward your scalp. Keep in mind that these waves will be created once your hair is all dry. Continue to do this every now and again as your hair dries.
- Twists: If your hair is naturally straight the best way to create a curl is twisting. Wait until your hair is 60% dry, then add a palm-sized amount of the above product to your hair. While it’s still damp, start from the top of your head and twist each strand until it starts curling up toward your scalp. Once it’s pressed against the scalp, pin the strand. You can use grips or curl clips to secure. Repeat steps until all of your hair is twirled and pinned. Let your hair air dry for and then shake the twists out.
TOP TIP – The above twisting technique works so well in naturally curly hair too. Follow the same above steps for really accentuated natural curls.
If you feel like curly styling is not for you, why not try some of the below ideas.
- Smooth Finish: Right out of the shower, towel-dry your hair and detangle it with a wide-tooth comb. Then, separate your hair into two sections with a side part. Comb flat and clip or pin the smaller side section back. Section by section comb flat to your head to keep smooth and start pinning or flat pinning small strands of your hair until it all lays flat on your head. Keep pinning in a circular motion around your head until all of your hair is pinned. You can either wait a few hours for it to dry, or sleep with it in a satin scarf overnight. Then release your hair by taking out all the pins and clips. Your hair will come out straight and silky.
To create volume: Use large rollers (size of coke cans) on 50% air dried hair.
Roll big sections of hair and secure them at the end with a pin or a clip. For extra body, roll the hair at the front and at the crown of your head. Wait a couple of hours until your hair is fully dry, then release your hair until it’s wavy. Finger through your hair and spray with Air Fix hairspray. You can also get rollers which you can sleep in – they have a soft center to ensure full comfort when sleeping.
- HAIR UP: Putting your hair up for work or play is always a fun way to experiment with different styles. It doesn’t have to be complicated – even the styles that complicated can be created very simply. YouTube is a great tool which showcases thousands of different video tutorials and how to’s. You can try quick tricks such as plaiting or twisting your fringe. Messy twist up, for a soft hair up or the sleek top knot!!
So we hope you have learnt many ways how to style your hair without heat. Check out our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more daily hints, tips and how to’s.
We are deep into fashions hottest month with New York Fashion Week concluding last week and London Fashion Week currently in full swing, Who doesn’t love fashion weeks? As the most creative people in the world of fashion, hair and beauty collide, we are showing you some of our favourite looks from the recent shows.
NYFW ’17 kicked off with a bang, huge shows from the likes off Tommy Hilfiger, Yeezy and Victoria Beckham. The front rows were all filled with A-list celebs all after a piece of the fashion pie!!
Whilst some designers opted for toned down, simplistic hair and beauty looks; others went for strong, bright lips and heavy wet look hair. Here is run down of our favourite looks and moments from NYFW.
Alexander Wang debuted wet look, beachy waves on his catwalk, with most models colouring their hair blonde.
Styled by Guido, their inspiration came from the impact the sun and sea has on hair – beachy, dry, light and salty.
His clothes designs were an array of summer-inspired and genderless neon sportswear, criss-crossing shirts and bulky chained bags.
Wang also debuted his fresh collaboration with Adidas. Models took their final walk in his Adidas tracksuits, which in true Wang style, featured their logo upside-down.
Not unlike the hair, make up looks were very minimalist; soft blushed cheeks and a slight lick of mascara these bear faced and beautiful looks are stunning.
MARC JACOBS wowed the crowds teaming his mismatched patterns with bright coloured dreadlocks. To close down NYFW ’17 Marc Jacobs show brought 90’s raver to life.
Spun into messy top knots, the multicolored dreadlocks brightened up the already colourful show. The models walked wearing teetering platforms and boots (some lace-up, some covered in glitter, some decorated with emojis).
Many of the party-ready looks — short, ruffled skirts and sweet baby doll dresses in silk, sequins, lace, brocade and patchwork leather, as well as metallic hot pants — were styled with thigh-high socks, either candy striped or embroidered with pearls.
The dramatic outerwear was a focal point, and incorporated everything from fur and feather-adorned shoulders, pinned and patched denim jackets, varsity-style coats with sequined collegiate stripes, military parkas, metallic and suede trenches and even a tangerine ruffled bomber.
Hairstylist Guido Palau and his team gained their inspiration from a long list collated by Marc Jacobs himself, including Boy George, Marilyn Manson, Ravers, Acid House Music, Fantasy and Harajuku Girls to name but a few. Meanwhile the Make-up lead François Nars and his team of MUAs created beautiful, pastel and watercolour finishes that were absolutely breathtaking.
At the Monique Ihuillier show models wore a simple yet sophisticated ponytails. All teamed with black ribbon, the hair wasn’t gathered too high or too low. Softly pulled back off the face this look could of almost been created by the models themselves.
The hair elastics then covered with the black ribbon, but not tied in a bow just simply knotted …. perfection!!
At Marchesa it was completely different, with tight sleek hair brushed off the models face. Some hair was left tumbling along the models back and some models was secured tightly in low ponytails. This sleek strong look really accentuated Marchesa’s stunning gown collection they debuted for NYFW ’17.
Rodarte designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy created a twist on romantic collection for this season, a gothic twist. In the parade of dark bases were ruffles and frills, using sequins and lighter materials to soften the otherwise harsher looks.
And what’s even more outstanding, hairstylists Odile Gilbert created beautiful hair accessories from scraps of materials and fabrics from the collection.
The accessories were made from a jumble of Tulle, Sequin, Organza and String, fastened randomly at the back of the models heads. This simple yet effective look certainly turned heads and whats more they created this look on the day!!
Even models nails played a huge part on the runway, many designers wanting models nails to be as big a deal as the clothes, hair and make up. This fresh nail art will inspire your manicures for the forthcoming seasons. There were electric-orange colors, detailed line work, colorblocking, and trend-forward metallic shades.
Victoria Beckham’s runway consisted of beautiful statement pieces with satin tailoring and lingerie references plus lush wallpaper florals.
Her models hair was sleek with a high shine finish and bold statement ‘Amy Winehouse’ inspired eyeliner. Makeup artist Pat McGrath created 3 different looks for Victoria Beckham’s SS17 show using Victoria’s own makeup range with Estee Lauder. All of the models have beautiful luminous skin and lightly groomed brows with the focus on the eye. Blue, green or nude the look whichever of the looks the models had, each was non-geometrical and abstract. The blue eyes were applied with fingers, the green shade with brush and the nude eye was a mix of two different shades; a soft brown and a taupey colour creating 3 very different styles.
Kanye West debuted his 4th YEEZY collection at NYFW, and it certainly isn’t for the faint hearted! From unitards to cut out crop tops, collaborated with clear perspex knee high boots, The Yeezy collection got heads spinning!
The show colour palate cycled through whites to blacks, with a concentration
on pale colors that looked bleached or sun-faded. With very natural and personal looks each model showcased their own personality with hair and make up, all in keeping with the nude and soft colour theme.
So as the biggest month in fashion continues keep an eye out for influences following through in the hair and beauty world…
Once Fashion months concludes we shall give you our very own hair forecast for the forthcoming season!!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for recent updates!!