GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
Gaudi Hair is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be collected by ourselves and processed by Salon Genius software systems.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – Gaudi Hair Ltd determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – Salon Genius software services is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person – Gaudi hair clients and suppliers.
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data. The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
Who are we?
Gaudi Hair LTD is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: Gaudi Hair LTD. 49 Baldwin Street, Bristol. BS1 1RA Telephone: 0117 9298009. For all data matters contact the salon owner or manager on the above number or contact them at email@example.com
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you by mail, telephone or e-mail regarding appointments
- To differentiate between clients with the same name
- To identify individuals technical history
- To establish if any medication may be a contra indication to services
- To monitor service and retail trends
- To establish where our client base hear about and choose Gaudi Hair
- To monitor geographic range
- To inform of related salon offers when permission is given
- To reward regular client special occasions i.e. birthdays, childbirth, weddings etc
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
Title, name, address, telephone, e –mail, date of birth, occupation, any medication that may be a contra indication to chemical process, scalp/skin conditions
We have obtained your personal data from the record card you would have been asked to complete as a new client in salon or on line.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
|☐ Consent of the data subject;
|gdpr consent form IN SALON
|☐ Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
|☐ Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
|Skin TESTING/STRAND TESTING
|☐ Processing necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
|SALON GENIUS SOFTWARE SYSTEM
|☐ Processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
Special categories of personal data is not applicable
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with Salon Genius Software services for processing purposes and no third party.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than a period of 1 year since your last visit to the salon in case of any legal claims/complaints, to monitor sales of service, retail and criteria for retention.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will prevent us from contacting you regarding any changes to your appointment prior to your arrival, i.e. staff sickness or emergency
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal Data outside the EEA
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our salon owner/manager on 0117 9298009 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.