The GOLDEN rules to good hair!!
The GOLDEN rules to good hair!!
Good hair doesn’t happen by chance, it happens with much care and usually at least a few hair salon appointments.
Now we all know that one person who naturally has utterly fabulous hair, whether they work hard at it or just jump fresh from bed, we can ALL have the opportunity to showcase gorgeous glossy hair!!
Following these simple hair-care tips will ensure your hair is at its best all year round and will make you the envy of all your friends!!
- It is not recommended to wash your hair every day, try to wash it between 2-3 times a week. If you have afro/multicultural hair its recommended you wash your hair once a week. This encourages your hairs natural oils to spread throughout your hair, giving it some good natural nourishment.
- When shampooing always shampoo twice, the first will always remove any product build up and the second will thoroughly cleanse your hair.
- Keep your fluids up, not wine or coffee but water can have amazing effects on both your hair and skin.
- Massaging your scalp helps to promote hair growth and well being – this is great to do when you have applied your conditioner to your hair.
- Use products with anti-oxidants to help prevent colour fade, check out the Vitamino Colour range by L’Oreal Professional. www.lorealprofessionnel.co.uk/hair-care/results/colour-protection
- Use heat protection for heat styling and drying, look at this spray by ghd hair perfect on both wet and dry hair. www.ghdhair.com/heat-protect/heat-protect-spray
- Also remember to protect your hair from the sun, many products contain UV filters to ensure the sun has no lasting damage, this range Solar Sublime by L’Oreal Professional cover all hair protection bases. www.lorealprofessionnel.co.uk/hair-care/solar-sublime
- Ensure you use both shampoos and conditioners recommended to you by your stylist.
- Use weekly conditioning treatments, recommended by your stylist to keep your hair in tip top. Conditioning treatments and steam treatments ensure your hairs ultimate health.
- Using a blast of cool water on your hair after conditioning helps to smooth your cuticle which enhances shine.
- Keep your ends healthy by having regular trims, even if you are growing your hair it is advised to have the ends trimmed every few months – This will ensure healthy continual growth.
- Always struggle to recreate your hair at home?? Remember styling and finishing products help to create a look – Do not be afraid to ask your stylist what they are using on your hair and what they recommend you use at home.
- When blow-drying your hair always use a brush. To create smoothness a flat paddle brush can be used. For curl and body use a round brush – the bigger the brush the bigger the hair. It is also recommended to use ceramic brushes, these retain the heat when drying to ensure the best finish!!
- To complete your blow-dry, finish with a blast of cool air. This will set the style and ensure maximum longevity.
- Use a comb when straightening your hair to achieve an extra straight and smooth look.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your stylist the best ways to keep your style – wrapping your hair at night in a silk scarf will keep smoothness and flatness. Plaiting or twisting your hair to sleep will ensure you keep curls and waves.
Be sure to check out our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more hints and tips on The GOLDEN rules to good hair!!